Monday, May 4, 2009

SUSPICIOUS MINDS


Darling, I simply had to leave all suspicions behind as I can't have any sort of fun with doubts lingering on a line right straight in MY WAY. And I refuse, adamantly so, not to enjoy myself. Andrea and I had the best time ever yesterday running through castles in the rain.

On our way to Tuscany it began to rain, only slightly so that I implored Andrea to leave the top of the car down, as nothing's quite so thrilling as doing 100 in the Martin with a bit of rain on your face. In any event, when you're driving so fast the rain doesn't seem able to catch up with you, which makes for the best sort of getaway.

Were caught in a trap.
I can't walk out.
Because I love you too much baby.
Why can't you see what youre doing to me.
When you don't believe a word I say?
We can't go on together with suspicious minds.

Darling, once we reached the castles I was so happy to find no OUT-OF-TOWNERS were brave enough to weather the rain. Andrea and I had the grounds to ourselves. It was the loveliest of sport, what with Andrea chasing me in and out of castle corridors and us laughing so hard when he did find me that we fell to the floors in puddles of joy. Most of the castles are left without tops in certain places, so that the outdoors is in, you know? Perhaps from a war or just a matter of time. Gawd, does it not rather remind you of Fiona somewhat? In and out, out and in? No matter, as I've decided not to let the memory of her bad behavior spoil another day that should always be nothing more than about ME.

Damn darling, but I loved that rain.

Yes, we are in Italy not Spain, but we couldn't but help ourselves from singing in harmony:

Eliza, hurricanes hardly happen.
How kind of you to let me come Henry!
Now once again, where does it rain?
Eliza, on the plain! On the plain!
Henry, and where's that blasted plain?
Eliza, in Spain! In Spain!
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!

We left the Martin in shelter and spent the night in a Queen's bed! And this morning we awoke to sunshine and are racing to the Amalfi coast just south of Naples. Andrea says we'll take the ferries to get from one fishing village to another. Yes, he is going to teach me to fish! Is that not the most smashing of grand ideas? He's quite full of them, you know? Grand ideas.

How ever could one bother themselves with world affairs, murder and the sort when there are boys in fast cars wishing to show you the world?

Let's don't let a good thing die. When honey, you know I've never lied to you.
Mmm yeah, yeah...


Arrivaderci-

-Jacqueline





No comments:

Post a Comment