Thursday, February 17, 2011

LT. JOHN KIRK

Andrea promised we'd be back in Spain befoer nightfall so I let him persuade me that I looked best in a Valentino gray suit I myself think I've worn too many times.

But, it wasn't about me, as hard as that might be for you to digest, but truly darling, I suspected taht Andrea wanted to steal the show, so I let it rest.

You know how he is about his scripts and all.

Inspector Clouseau was way beyond fantastically charming as his grin went miles past his face in the biggest of smiles when he saw me enter his office and reach out to let him take my hand in hello.

Many impressed raves over my stunning attire later, he fumbled for what seemed a good twenty minutes through a disarray of documents littering his desk and finally made his way to a file cabinet where he pulled from a drawer that crumpled penis song and my broken heels I'd tossed in the trash.

He asked me if teh shoes were mine, and of course I told the truth and said, "Yes". He replied that he'd rang a shoesmith who was coming straight over to fix one of the soul's broken heels.

I assured him he needn't bother, as I'd find the time to go shopping should I want a pair same as the ones in his hand. He said it was a delight for him, the pleasure of doing for ME. Truly, darling, it took all I had in me not to protest as he achingly seemed desperate to please me, which I find dreadfully pathetic when a man plans his life round me. So, I played along and accompanied his scheme.

Moments after having relented to his shoe fixtation, the most brilliant of men among others walked through the inspector's door. I was to learn scads of intiguing things of Lt. John Kirk over the next several days. Beginning with the fact that I don't belive that he's of French decent but from the highlands of Scotland. As his contstant devotion to the inspector was never suspect as he seemed such the braveheart! He's quite debonair, what with the way he holds himself from the crowd, with eyes void of suspicion and a quiet smile atop an alluring sort of gait. He's fresh from the start. Not your average chap. He never called me Jacqeline but began every phrase with, "Now Jack..."

I like him so very much and admire his style. A man quite his own. It's as if he wanted to help build my own story and didn't mind a bit that he's not the star because he seemed quite certain he was becoming my main character. Is there a difference?

He'll have to compete with Andrea who wants more than ever to play Steve McQueen's staring role in the Getaway.

Hasta maƱana-

-Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment