Friday, February 11, 2011

MEL GIBSON: THE OUTLAW

Darling, have you seen the latest issue of Vanity Fair? The cover spread had the look of sophistication but I found the articles lacking style. So, I had to wire Graydon immediately after reading the piece on Mr. Gibson, as I find the people's persecution of him more outlandish than any acts of his bad judgment under duress:

Graydon, dear:

Jesus was an outlaw in the land of plenty and among those persecuted.
Let Mr. Gibson carry his own cross and God be his judge, not you or me.
The people sailed across the ocean blue to establish America, a land of plenty, free from religious persecution.
They claimed freedom in their right to express their religious beliefs, which all these years later their descendants, fat in their opinions, have sadly lost and forgotten the words of their forefathers.
Mr. Gibson became a movie-maker.
And in the religion of his father he filmed his beliefs, which were strong and mighty, but not all believed.
Not all need to believe or follow the outlaw.
Mr. Gibson's crucifixion is not ours.
Let him be.
His cross is heavy.
And, he enlightens me.

-best
Jacqueline

I'm certain Graydon will telephone me this very afternoon with apologies and flowers sent to my room, as he so appreciates my percision in assessing situations when a person's character is smashed by a journalist for his inability to see human nature as astoundingly unique and not contrary to the image he portrays to the public, but a brilliant fresh light. However, I feel somewhat responsible for what Graydon allows printed, as after all I'm the one who got him that editor's job and he knows I only recommended him because I thought his skills superior. Sadly, he's disappointed me and I can only hope that he rights his ways by the time I read May's issue. At the very least.

-Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment