Saturday, April 18, 2009

RETURNING TO MY POST

Life's such a frantic pace when you're reporting on it all. The native was such a divine help to my article. I've thought of a new title, having been inspired by his natural love of fashion and being so far removed from the whirl of it all. You know, living in such a horrid little village. Who knew? My, how the people are evolving.
So, I'm sending my article across the wire tonight titled:

DASHES OF PINK AND BROWN FOR REVOLUTION

Damn to the elephants and big cats. Who cares? I most certainly don't. So why should I write of such nonsense? Hemingway already covered all that years ago anyway; how very daring of him. No, my story is about the PEOPLE. They seem to want a revolution and are doing it in fine fashion. Oh, what a statement. Pink and brown. Amazing, their knowledge of fabric and colour. Who knew? I've just got to, got to, get it out to the world. But, then that's the beauty of my job, now isn't it? Reporting between all my other important activities, such as lounging by the sea. That, and laughing with Harry. Anyway, can you imagine, darling? A revolution in pink and brown. And with such attitude. Such aplomb. I can't wait till Michelle O. reads my article. Perhaps we'll start an orginzation of some sort together. You know, like providing billions to bail out the wildlife preservation while the people here starve, both pink and brown. You know how that goes, darling. It's not till you're starving that you'll do anything to survive. That's when you find you your true colour.

They've beefed up security across this land as there's not much choice left but to steal. Oh, and they steal the most wonderful things. Fruits of passion, not to mention clothing.
Yes, they're simply ripe for revolution. Banks, cars, industries, farming, insurance?
Really, darling, who needs such trivial things? There's just simply gads and gads of beautiful things to be had and the government is hording it all! How disastorous. How tragic.

China? Oh, darling, please don't make me weep. The quality is atrocious and never will do as long as people have passion for fashion and are starving.

Yes, a revolution is going to do quite nicely in this land of pinks and browns. Isn't it strange when you find a country you think doesn't deserve a silver spoon, but they do? It's sweeping 'cross the ocean I hear. America's in its own hour of despair. Well, I heard their government is giving away money to no one they can recall and everyone they do recall has to sign up for the dole should they want a meal, not to mention fashionable clothing. I just can't imagine. It's too much for me to linger over.

Yes, my sleeping Africa. How proud I am of its people. They're coming together to form a revolution and doing it in style! They're closing the government down and taking over the stores. How marvelous. What a splendid idea. Fashion first, darling. Always do it in style, no matter what it is you're doing, even stealing to survive.

And the colour combination...pink and brown. Stunning.

-Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment