Thursday, April 30, 2009

SPANISH FLY


Oh, I do, I do, oh, yes, I do.......................
It's the most wonderful news of the year, and it's only April. Yes, darling, it's a French April. And nothing could be more beautiful than the fashions on the avenues, the ladies lunching, dashing men in their suits, Paris raindrops falling, quiet talking over nothing, dinner at DU PALAIS-ROYAL across from the Louvre, except...

MY SLEEPING AFRICA

Rafel, the Duke of Feria and Don Luis Medina from Spain, discretely known by all the beautiful people as Spanish fly because they're stunning young men, most first. Then not only that, but they founded and co-own the men's fashion line Scalpers. Well, anyway, darling, they've wired me late last evening asking ever so polietly if I'd do them the honour of traveling to East Africa with them both later this fall.

Oh, I do, I do, oh, yes, I do.

We're all in quite the fear that E. Africa soon will become the new Pakistan. Rafel and Don's cause is the Hermanas de la Cruz in Seville, and this originzation shall provide our drinking water when we travel across the dirt; when I will want it most. Darling, it's simply the tops. I can't sit down. And this little troop not only serves water, but the MOST delicious meals in the MOST luxurious tents made from the BEST in white linens. And, you know darling, all the beautiful PEOPLE must have a cause, else they feel lost. Don't ask me to explain. It's nothing worth me bothering my stunning little self with. I don't need a cause. I AM THE CAUSE.

Oh, darling, I'm crashing from anticipation and completely overwhelmed in delight. I could just pinch Harry to see if he finds my excitement containing. Barely, can I bring myself not to think of our plans. I will implore that Lizbeth give me Betsy as my traveling companion. I simply adore her like no other house help, though it will be necessary that I refer to her as tent help on this little excursion. Oh, and I will require a man just to carry my corona. Oh, and what else, what all else shall I need?

With a heavy heart I shall leave it still for just now, as Lizbeth is depending on my expetise with the horses up north, so I must stand straight while taking one step with grace and the other with a LEAP!!!!

I love you, how could I not. I'm in love with ME.

I'm simply bursting with joy, darling.

-Jacqueline

postcript: Angie's nanny best keep those kids in a line, else they'll be hearing from my starched white side.

2 comments:

  1. RED lipstick darling, that is what. I know E. Africa to be the burgeoning Pakistan but really darling you simply can not be seen without it! I've taken this from you, if there is but one item in my bag darling, it is RED lipstick. Oh I am much too excited for you as well. Must we carry on about it for three months with no relief?! Dash it all! How truly magnificant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I'LL TAKE RED, PINK AND PLUM AND EVERY SHADE IN BETWEEN. DON'T TELL THE BOYS, BUT I'M THINKING OF DITCHING THEM ONCE WE ARRIVE AND.....GET LOST ALL BY MYSELF.
    LET'S GET LOST.

    ReplyDelete